Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 6

So this weeks post is about having employees to work for your business. As a manager I hire people all the time specially since I work at McDonald's and we have such a high turn over rate. But from a owners view my question would be why do we have such a high turnover rate? Is it pay, benefits, hours? Ever since the Obama health care law has took place we are not allowed to give our part time employees more than 28 hours a week. Which has really hurt our dayshift and third shift, mostly because most people only getting paid $7.25 can not live off 28 hours. To me it doesn't seem fair that Obama could make a law that would hurt companies like this. However our company has tried to manage through the change and now offers start out pay $7.75. Yes I know $7.75 is not much more but it is more than a lot of our competitors offer. But again it doesn't seem fair for Obama to enforces a law like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment